Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 22 - January 22, 2011

We woke up to a little more snow today...


but it's ok because we SLEPT IN!!! Well kind of anyway. Does it count if you wake up by habit at 4:00 a.m. and then talk until 6 about the stuff that's keeping you awake until you are tired enough to sleep again, and then don't wake up "for real" until 9:30? Well, that's what we did.


We didn't see what made these tracks in the new snow all over our yard but we know what is was, it's the flock of turkeys that roams the neighborhood. Don't believe me? I have a video of them taken a couple years ago. It's pretty cool to see them so close. Here is a link to the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoadJTuJ4Nk

Today was a productive day. I started by deep cleaning the kitchen and dining room. That means moving all furniture, mopping floors, and digging the dust woofies out of all the corners. Peanutbutter got in the act and rearranged her area too...



The exertion must have been too much for her because she immediately flopped over and did her "dead bunny" routine and napped for about a half hour.



After cleaning I decided to do some baking. Jim helped me make "foot-ball" cookies for the Packer party at Grandma's tomorrow. We didn't have appropriately shaped cookie cutters so we had to improvise. This design was Natalie's idea. Foot and ball, pretty clever, huh?


Anyway, because it was also National Blonde Brownie Day, I just HAD to make blonde brownies too...


Then Jim made his famous potato pancakes for lunch (which was actually about 2 p.m. because we got up so late)...


I made myself some hot cocoa to go with my pancake. I like to make it with milk but I overheated it and had a little mess to clean up...


It still tasted great though! After all that hard work Jim and I relaxed and watched a movie on TV. I managed to get farther on my crochet project. I may actually finish it this weekend!


It is still miserably cold, this is what the thermometer said a few mintues ago...


but warmer weather is on the way. They are predicting temperatures in the 20s by Monday, YAY!

Kid news:
Richard is in day 1 of an 8 day training op in the desert.
Nick had snow in North Carolina today. He called to say it was snowing and they were driving around in his buddy's car which had no rear window...
Tiffany decided to stay another night with her friends at Carroll, and Natalie had a pretty good day too. She had to work tonight again but is feeling happier because she has, and I quote, "resolved things with 'the [Harry] Potter'." I'm proud of her for that!

Scripture passage of the day:

Psalm 145:15-16
The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food at the proper time.
You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing.

Photo of the day:


1 comment:

  1. love that crocheting project - is it is for you? looks great! Potato pancakes...yumm! didn't know Jim made famous ones! And please come to my house to clean next week... gotta get the Christmas things put away too so bring Tiffany along! LOL

    ReplyDelete