Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 20 - January 20, 2011

Today is Penguin Awareness Day...


...so are we all now aware of penguins? The weather sure is appropriate for this holiday (note the outdoor temperature tonight), yikes!


And it's supposed to get colder! Wind chill of -30 degrees is expected tomorrow. I'm guessing they won't close or delay the schools though.

After school I drove over to Grandma and Grandpa's. On the way I saw the most amazing sunset...

It was so beautiful, yay God!

Grandma, Grandpa and Sassy all say hi!


They wanted to share a picture of their finished bedroom...


Pretty cool! I especially like the oil painting Grandma found. (If you ever get sick of it I'll find a home for it!)

Kid news:
Richard is training hard somewhere in the desert. (Good job, Richard, you make us proud!)
Nick got five MRAPs back from Kuwait to work on in his shop, but there is no money in the parts budget for his unit, so...hmmm. How do you fix trucks with no new parts anyway?
Tiffany had to work tonight...


And Natalie has decided she is NOT a fan of Harry Potter.
Scripture passage of the day:

Psalm 3:3, 8
But you are a shield around me, O LORD;
You bestow glory on me and lift up my head....
From the LORD comes deliverance.
May your blessing be on your people.

Photo of the day:

Jack Frost's view of the world...
Photo Flashback:
Grandpa gave me these pics from the last Packer play-off game (Jan 15). Richard and Nick were there in spirit...

4 comments:

  1. haha. wow. love the harry pic. and that sunset, wish i wuda seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get a calendar for Christmas that tells you what every day is to be known for? Otherwise you're the queen of trivia! :) I love the Harry Potter pix too -- that's the Natalie that Brian loves! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, Natalie, i like how you have your eyebrow look!!! so evil.

    ReplyDelete