Monday, October 29, 2012

Trip to NC - Day 1

Because we traveled as long as we could I didn't take time to update the blog. Here are the events from Sunday, October 28.

We woke up to a hard frost...

 
 
It was cold but we didn't care, we were ready to go. Here is what we need to take along :)


 
 Because we weren't able to get plates for Frenchie's car Jim had the idea to put these on. At least it looks more official that way and they make the car look super studly now.
 


I couldn't believe it but I was told I could drive the Fairlane! Considering all the debates about who would drive what I was pretty sure I wouldn't ever get a chance! :)

 
Natalie drove the suburban for the first leg. Richard rode with her but planned to sleep. It was something about having gone to the wedding and only had four hours of sleep...
 
 
 
Our staging area. We are almost ready to go!


 
 
It took me a few minutes to figure out the "old school" seat belt in the Fairlane, but I got it!

 
 
Finally at about 10:00 am we are on the road!


 
 
Jim is the pace car in the Camaro.

 
We made it to Illinois!

 
My favorite feature of the Fairlane, the front vent windows! I wish they still made these in cars. Lots of air but no mussed up hair!

 
 
 
Natalie does a good job following closely behind...

 
 
I don't know for sure what they are, but I wish we would have had time to try the $6 double cheeseburges in room "TO". (Room to move, room to improve?...)

 
An interesting feature of the Fairlane. The gas guage always reads completely full...

 

...or completely empty. You get to guess the fuel level.

 
 
I am really enjoying the low gas prices down here, the cheapest we've seen so far is $3.16.
 

 
 
The Fairlane can travel at 60-65 with no problems, but we aren't really pushing things. We have lots of time to get there and the weather is threatening to hinder our plans. We've decided to play it safe.

 
This is why I know I need a new camera. It was in focus until I snapped the shot. This is the sign that says we are in Ohio...

 
We decided to stay in Columbus, OH for the night. The trip is going well so far although we are beginning to run into rain and cold weather. They are predicting snow in Columbus on Monday. Good thing we will have moved on!
 
The dogs are doing well too. Our dog sitters have been very good about sending picture updates!
 

 
Melissa kindly provided Halloween costumes for Libby and Lexi. They appear overjoyed at her choice, hee hee.
 
 
 
 
And Gizmo is loving life too. Apparently he's been taking turns sleeping in Faith and Caleb's beds. And yes, he is being distracted by a toy for this picture. We all know he wouldn't sit still long enough otherwise!
 
 
Photo of the Day:
 
 
Scripture Verse of the Day:
 
"By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud..." Ex. 13:21
 


No comments:

Post a Comment