Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Long Day

Today was a long day for Jim, not for me so much, but it is 11:15 pm and he has only been home about 20 minutes total today. Right now he is down in Hustisford with Natalie. They are working with Brian to replace the front passenger side wheel bearing in the red car. It is not going well. Natalie texted me some pictures but I'm not able to get them off my phone to post them here. I'll have to post them tomorrow maybe. She also told me that the old bearing was resisting all their efforts to get it off (sounds like what happened with the ball joint on the suburban!) and they were all pretty frustrated and angry I'm gonna guess that they won't be able to finish it tonight.



On top of this frustrating development with the car, Jim also had a frustrating afternoon. He had a meeting for work that started at 12:30 and went until 4:30 but could have finished at 3 if it had been better organized.











As for me the day went really well! I had a chance to visit with Richard for a while before he went to Waukesha to visit Liz. He also gave me the t-shirts we had ordered for our family vacation which begins in only nine days!


I also spent a large chunk of today making great  progress on my crochet project.


I'm getting very excited about how it's turning out. There was one small glitch when I ran out of yarn to finish a section but fortunately I was able to find more of the same color at the store. A bonus was that while I was out shopping I unexpectedly found the PERFECT birthday present for my friend Sue. Her birthday isn't until next month but I got it anyway, here it is...tee, hee.


My other two big achievements for the day were making a meal to take to a church family who is going through a difficult time and making plans to meet my sister Melissa in Beaver Dam tomorrow for a thrift-a-thon. We're also going to help my mom with more of the probate paperwork for my uncle Jerry's estate, but the thrifting will be the highlight of the day. I can't wait!!

I'm going to leave you with a photo of one of the roses Tiffany got for her birthday. They really are remarkably beautiful!

Photo of the Day:


Scripture Verse of the Day:
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
Phil. 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment