Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More Futility?...


After focussing yesterday's blog on a futile activity I decided it may be appropriate to share my interest in this lady. She lives across the street. I don't know her name and she doesn't really respond to waves or greetings but I've been admiring how industrious she is.

Almost every day she is out raking her yard...


She rakes it completely clean, and today she mowed it too...


But then she did something really odd...she mowed the street...


She went back and forth in front of her house from curb to curb. I always feel bad for her because no matter how hard she works, within a very short time this is the result...



And this is why...


...her tree is still fully loaded! I figure she must either be bored, has a very strong aversion to leaves, or maybe she just enjoys futile activities like Gizmo. What do you think?

Well, while she chose to spend her energy cleaning her yard, I decided to spend mine in a walk. I took Libby with me because she shares my same condition...an excess of winter insulation (if you know what I mean.)


It was absolutely GORGEOUS outside today, my weather channel said it got up to 76 degrees. On our walk I couldn't resist snapping these pretty scenes...

 
 
 
We truly live in a city with beautiful places. Now I have to get busy, we're having spaghetti for supper with fruit pizza for desert. Jim has to direct choir practice tonight and Tiffany as to leave for her med-passer training. Natalie has announced she is going to bed right after dinner but I'm gonna do some organizing in my happy place (the sewing room.) Goo night all!

Photo of the Day:



Scripture Verse of the Day:
 
Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.
Psalm 34:3

No comments:

Post a Comment