Friday, October 19, 2012

Thrift-A-Thon...Score!!!

What an exciting day for me!! It started out as planned with a trip to Gma N's. As always she met me at the door with a big smile even though she hasn't been feeling well.


Melissa joined us shortly after I arrived and we spent a little bit of time visiting, signing probate paperwork for Jerry's estate and discussing a response to a letter Gma had received. It was just a really nice visit time, then the fun began. Gma, Melissa and I began our thrift-a-thon. Our first stop was St. Vinny's. I found three great things there for a grand total of $5 but my favorite is this flask thingy...(doesn't Tiffany make a great model?)


I'm going to use it to hold my Old Fashioned mix. I think it will look very nice next to this cut glass container I use as an ice bucket...


Ever since I learned how to make mixed drinks from the pastor's wife on our summer camping trip :) I've been collecting really cool items for our "bar" which is made up entirely of the four bottles you see in the picture behind the ice bucket.

After the St. Vinny's trip we headed over to Good Will but on the way we had to stop because Melissa saw a sign for a rummage sale at a local church where everything was advertised as HALF OFF! We had to stop and that is the place where we really scored. The had an entire rack of just men's suits all priced at only $2 but since everything was HALF OFF they were only $1. I walked away with three suit coats, a two piece suit and a three piece suit for $5. I also got a pile of men's sweaters, also $1 each.


At the same sale I found four large lace curtains for a total of another dollar. We are going to use them for wedding table decorations.


I walked out of that church basement with a very large pile of stuff for only $12. It was a great stop.

Next we went to Good Will where I found this great little apple shaped bird cage that we can use as a decoration for Tiffany's wedding also.


Our last stop was an indoor rummage sale at an apartment complex, they had a box of free stuff and I scored these cymbals and a book for Natalie's classroom, so in the end everyone got something. I love thrifting, especially when I go with my sister and my mom! There's nothing like finding a great deal.


By the way, for those who are interested, I added the pics of Jim fixing the red car on yesterday's post.

Photo of the Day:


Scripture Verse of the Day:
"...she sees that her trading is profitable..." Prov. 31:18

No comments:

Post a Comment