Monday, October 22, 2012

Productivity and Random Ordinary Things

For being a Monday, and even though it was very overcast and sprinkly...



...today was a great day! For me it began with a trip to Beaver Dam to see Gma and Gpa N. Today we took all of Jerry's probate paperwork to the courthouse and got Gma appointed personal representative of Jerry's estate. The whole thing went without a hitch and everything is set up for her to do what she needs to do to pay the bills. It looks like we should be able to close everything out in about three months which is a great blessing. The whole process could not have gone more smoothly today.

Gma and Gpa say hi to everyone...


Once we finished with all the probate business I was able to pick up a belated Sweetest Day gift for Jim...


...it's a new desk chair to replace his cruddy, stained old one...


...a nice improvement even if I do say it myself. :) He was happily surprised when he found it (hee, hee).



He's not the only one who got a surprise, when I got home from Beaver Dam I found that Nick's second trunk arrived from Afghanistan!


For some strange reason Natalie (who was here when it arrived) decided to just leave it inside the door rather than carry it to Nick's room. Just because it's a little bit large and heavy, I mean really!



Random and Ordinary Things From Today:

For dinner I made hot tuna sandwiches, which almost no one likes I guess...


...but that's ok because it means more for me and Jim, we DO like them!

I also took this picture of Nick and Frenchie's cars which are parked pointed out of the driveway and ready to head to NC. Don't they look great in the carpet of leaves? I'm getting really excited for our road trip!!!


Then I found that the Gerbera daisy I got as a gift from one of my preschool students months ago (and which still looks very healthy)...


...is beginning to bud for the second time this season! This is an unusual thing and therefore a happy surprise. :)


Now I will spend a little time on the internet finishing this blog post and watching Netflix on my Kindle.

 
 
Currently I'm working my way through the fifth season of Agatha Christie's Poirot...



...I love that show. :) And after that I will probably end the day with a little knitting. I just gotta say that I'm loving my life as ordinary as it is!

Photo of the Day:


 
Scripture Verse of the Day:
 
 "A cheerful look brings joy to the heart,..." Proverbs 15:30

No comments:

Post a Comment