Thursday, October 25, 2012

Bargains, Bargains and More Bargains...

It wasn't exactly planned but today turned into another thrift-a-thon. It's all Gma's fault. It started when she called this morning and asked if I wanted to meet her in Waupun at Bargains Galore. What was I gonna say? Melissa ended up coming too and we DID find bargains, lots of bargains, and not only in Waupun. Before the end of our thrift-a-thon we had also scoured Beaver Dam and Horicon for treasures.

I actually got started before they did. Before I even left for Waupun I stopped at the Fond du Lac Good Will. I was looking for something Melissa has me keeping an eye out for (an expandable peg rack). I found one, and I also found this...



It was only $25.00!!! My plan is to give away the one we have upstairs and keep this one which is in much better shape. I'll just have to find a way to sweet talk Jim into helping me pick it up and move it into the house...

Next stop was Waupun, then Bethesda in Horicon, then back to Beaver Dam to hit St. Vinny's and Good Will, we also found a rummage sale on the way. By the end Melissa's van was packed...


Each time we stopped the van got more full...


Grandpa was a good sport and cheerfully held stuff on his lap...


With a little careful rearranging we always managed to somehow fit everything in!


For lunch we made a quick stop at McDonald's, Gma and I had a cheeseburger happy meal because we weren't very hungry. Gpa had chicken nuggets. Melissa was the only good one, she had a side salad.



I had to take a picture of our Happy Meal because it came in a cute Scooby-Doo pail and it had a teeny-tiny box of french fries! Too funny.


Once back home I unpacked my treasures, which were some white canisters I've been looking for (yay!)...


...an extra crock pot for super cheap ($4.00)...


...a new rug for the dogs for $1.00, (they love it)...


...and some vintage towels to hang on the bar next to the runner I got on my last thrifting trip...


...a reversible vest that I looked at but didn't buy last time...


...two holiday flags for the pole outside...





















...some old books that Tanya is looking for...


...four pizza pans for make-your-own-pizza night (really excited about these)...



...and some things that are gonna make great gifts so I'm not gonna tell what they are. Even with all my great finds Melissa got a lot more stuff than I did, so she is the super shopper of the day. It was a fun morning and afternoon!

Then...the trouble started. It began to rain outside after I got home and our fussy, wimpy dogs (who are opposed to getting their feet wet) resisted going outside. While I was unpacking things SOMEONE left me a gift in the middle of the kitchen floor. Which one do you think looks more guilty?...


Yeah, I couldn't decide either so they are ALL on probation...


Now I'm just sitting here working on the blog and watching the rain roll in...


Phil is coming over and Jim is cooking dinner tonight (KFC)...




...so my day is just about complete. Tomorrow it is going to have to be heavy duty packing and shopping for our vacation trip to North Carolina. I figure if I start now I might actually be ready when it comes time to leave!

Photo of the Day:


Scripture Verse of the Day:
 
"I will be glad and rejoice in you..." Ps. 9:2

No comments:

Post a Comment