Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Happy Anniversary

One year ago today Richard came home from Afghanistan and we were so happy to be able to meet him in San Diego. It was an unbelievably exciting and emotional time. We are so glad you came home safely Richard and we CAN'T WAIT to repeat the experience with our son Nick. We are so proud of both our boys! Considering it is the anniversary of Richard's Afghanistan homecoming it is fitting that he is also coming home today to visit from college. It will be really good to see him!
 
Waiting anxiously in the cold and dark...
 
Richard was part of the 1st Battalion, 5th Marines, Apache Co.

Together again!!
 
Even though I did get to Skype with Nick this morning, (and "meet" Frenchie who laughed at our Wisconsin accents) nothing as exciting as a military homecoming happened today. I DID however get to have lunch with my wonderful friend Sue at her house. After lunch we spent some quality time knitting, crocheting and talking. It was a wonderful break in the routine but once again I neglected to take photos of us together (grrrr!). I guess I'm out of practice on this blogging stuff. We're hoping to get together again next week and I will try really hard to remember to get a picture! Scott and Sue have two beautiful black labs that remind me very much of Abdul, except they are much better behaved! :)
 
When I left Sue gave me the washcloth she had been working on. It's beautiful and made with fall colors, it's almost too pretty to use, but she assures me she can make more. :)
 
 

As for me, I made more progress on the gift project I'm working on. Here are some of the pieces...
 
 
I also managed to finish a sweater for the baby of my friend Kay's niece. This was really fun to make and I think would be an excellent use of scrap yarn. I'll have to make more and stockpile them for future grandbabies!
 
 
Another exciting event of my day was to find tiny new buds on my white Christmas cactus just when I had about given up hope that it was going to survive. Let it be a lesson to me that hope should should never die!
 
Photo of the Day:
 
 
Scripture Verse of the Day:
Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD. Ps. 31:24

No comments:

Post a Comment