Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 44 - February 13, 2011

God's grace was with us again today in a big way. Tiffany drove to Neenah this morning to hear Craig Kitzrow's orchestra play at church there. When she arrived she went through the routine of setting the parking brake but the brake pedal suddenly went all the way to the floor. She had blown her brake line, but by God's grace it didn't happen until she was safely in the parking lot! It took Jim all day but he replaced both rear brake lines AND fixed her muffler. No more rumble! I am thanking God today for protecting my daughter and for a husband with skills.
(Calling our personal automotive consultant - Brian - who wasn't home, so we figured it out ourselves.)
(Bleeding the new lines - I was pumping the brakes so technically I helped too...)

We had a gorgeously warm day today! The snow is melting and was sliding in huge chunks off the roof, the deep snow is turning into thick slush (not so easy to walk in when you are carrying a 40 lb dog out to the yard to do his business), it was a wonderful preview of spring. Maybe the groundhog was right?...

Olaf continues to improve. He still can't walk far without falling over but he is eating and drinking again, which is good because he is VERY thin right now.

He's also willing to let us leave the room without trying to follow. He seems much more relaxed and willing to rest on his own. I am thankful for this too because I have to go to work tomorrow!

Today I managed to get most of the house clean and made some good progress on the sweater for Jeana's baby...
I also got a phone call today that will potentially solve some of the challenges I've been struggling with lately. God is indeed good and has been answering my prayers in a big way all week...the theme of my day has been THANKFULNESS!

Scripture passage of the day:
Psalm 32:7
You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Photo of the day:
Thinking about spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment