Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 41 - February 10, 2011

We have something wonderful to celebrate today! A new baby! Thaddeus, the son of our seventh grade teacher was born today...

What a beautiful baby!

We also may have found out some other positive news. We think Olaf has something called vestibular syndrome. The literature says: "Animals with vestibular disease become suddenly very dizzy and the symptoms can be very drastic and frightening to the owner." No kidding!! It affects dogs with an average age of 12 to 13 years (Olaf is 13) and he has all the signs and symptoms; falling, incoordination, head tilt, stumbling or drunken walking, lethargy,...there is nothing that can be done but to keep the animal calm and comfortable, BUT the good news is that animals with this syndrome often recover in a week to ten days. He may have a permanent head tilt because it affects the sense of balance, but still...

God is good, I've been praying for something positive to happen and he answered my prayer! It may turn out that this is not what is wrong with him, but hope is a wonderful, WONDERFUL thing!

Jerry is becoming acclimated to things in the assisted living center but he would clearly rather be home. I guess I can't blame him. He keeps thinking he'll only be there a week or two...I guess we'll see how he does with rehab. I just don't know what we're going to do if he goes home. It is so far away and he needs so much help...I guess more prayers are in order, it's been working so far!

Scripture passage of the day:
Psalm 25:4-5
Show me your ways, O LORD,
teach me your paths;
guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.

Photo of the day:
I think I've posted this one before, but I really like it
so I'm posting it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment