Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 57 - February 26, 2011

My heart is breaking! Olaf died today. We had to have him put down. I still can't believe it. He was doing so well, in fact I took these pictures today to show what improvement he'd made. He'd gained most of his weight back and was completely back to normal. In the end it went very fast. He developed stomach bloat and when that happens, especially in a dog his age, there is nothing that can be done but put them out of their misery. It was over start to finish in less than two hours.


For this post I was going to babble on about the pile of yarn my mother gave me today (she's given up working with yarn because she's allergic to it) and the positive aspects and parallels in life of taking what you are given and making the most of it, but somehow it all seems kind of pointless now.



I KNOW the Lord will not test us beyond what we are able to endure. I KNOW God loves me and that everything that happens is for my good. I just can't see it right now. What I DON'T know is how I am going to get through this year with my sanity and a positive outlook intact. Prayers please, the accumulation of recent events is too much for me to handle right now. No more Lord, please, no more.

 Scripture passage of the day:

Psalm 6:1-3, 7-8
O Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger
or discipline me in your wrath.
Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am faint;
...My soul is in anguish.
How long, O LORD, how long?
My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.
Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.
The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.
All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed;
they will turn back in sudden disgrace.

Photo of the day:

Olaf's last picture. I am so sad, I WANT MY DOG BACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment