Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 56 - February 25, 2011

Jim and I had our appointments with our new doctor today (finally!) We have had to change doctors because Jim's health insurance changed and our family doctor was not recognized by the new insurance. (I am still angry and frustrated by that - our old doctor was GREAT!!) It was a difficult, aggravating and surprisingly time consuming thing to find a doctor in the new system who was taking new patients and that would take our whole family. I'm glad we finally got in though because today's visits vividly illustrated the effect the stress we've been under is having on our health. Something has to give soon, just pretending everything is alright clearly doesn't work. Go figure.

It was a half day of school for me today because of the big basketball tournament this weekend. I brought the bunnies home and we had fun watching them do the "happy bunny dance" as they enjoyed the freedom of a romp around the living room. If you've never seen a happy bunny dance you are missing out. I tried to video it but this little clip just doesn't do it justice...


I also finished a project I've been working on for a long time. It's a cover for the Kindle my amazing kids got for me for Christmas. Next to crocheting I love reading the most. (The technology that is out there is amazing, I have over fifty free classic books like Pride and Prejudice, The Count of Monte Cristo, etc. on my Kindle. It will take me three years to read them all!) Oddly enough, and this may surprise you, there are no patterns out there to make Kindle covers. Shocking, I know. There was no way I was going to spend $34 dollars on one in the store, I'm just too stubborn and too cheap (sorry Jim, I mean frugal) so I had to make it up as I went along. I'm kind of proud of how it turned out! Now, if only there was a huge market out there for crocheted Kindle covers... :)

Oh well, it works for me!

Scripture passage of the day:
Psalm 90:17
May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us;
establish the work of our hands for us--
yes, establish the work of our hands.

Photo of the day:
Icicles can only form if snow is MELTING! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment