Thursday, January 3, 2013

Rose Bowl Party

We finished off the first day of the new year with a trip to Grandma's to watch the Rose Bowl game. The Badgers were playing against Stanford. On the way I tried out the new camera by taking landscape pictures from the moving vehicle. If you look closely they are just the littlest bit blurred but still a vast improvement over my other camera, especially when you consider they were taken from a moving vehicle!





At Grandma's we were met with a feast of snacks and everyone settled in to watch the game.

 
Richard and Nick wore the new Badgers shirts they got from Grandma for Christmas so of course we had to take a picture with them all together.


Right from the beginning we could tell the game probably wouldn't end in our favor but we had fun together anyway. Richard and Nick had brought along their helicopters and it quickly became a contest to see who could land one on Uncle Dan's head. Uncle Dan was a very good sport but I'm not so sure he was entirely comfortable with the whole activity.


Richard got close a few times but never actually hit his target (much to the target's relief!) Of course Nick also had to give it a try...

 
...and then a second try...


...and by the third attempt Dan-the-landing-pad had had enough. I don't blame him!



The Badgers did end up losing the Rose Bowl game (for the third straight time which vexed Grandma greatly) with a final score of 17-14 but the evening was still a success in my book. I love my family.

Scripture Verse of the Day:

I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers."
Eph. 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment