Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Happy/Sad Ground Hog Day

Happy Ground Hog Day!


Today started out very promising! Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow in Pennsylvania this morning so feeling encouraged I took Fond du Lac Fhil outside to see if he'd see his shadow here. (Fond du Lac Fhil is the "ground hog" that would go outside with me and my class when I was teaching preschool.) My Fond du Lac Fhil has been very accurate about predicting the coming of Spring in the past and it looks like his streak will continue...

 
This morning he certainly did NOT see his shadow which predicts an early Spring. (Yay, because we have enough snow already!)


However, later in the day Fond du Lac Fhil DID see his shadow...

...which means six more weeks of winter, so either way Fond du Lac Fhil is sure to have once again accurately predicted the coming of Spring. His record holds.

And it's a good thing he's reliable because the weather app on my phone certainly doesn't know what it's doing.

This afternoon it said we were experiencing freezing rain and snow...

 
...when clearly there was not a raindrop or snowflake in sight!...

 
In addition to the coming of Spring, another happiness I celebrated today was being able to greet Tiffany at the door as she was coming home from her last night shift! She will officially go on day shifts now. I am very happy for her!

 
In the afternoon I got some fun text pictures from Richard and Liz. They were at a museum that had a CROCHETED  coral reef. Wasn't it nice that they thought to share it with me? :) It's amazing!
 


As fun as these things were, today has also included some sadness. We had to put down our blind cat Angel who has been experiencing some health issues. She was a shelter cat that we have had for nearly ten years. She started going blind about five years ago and was Natalie's personal favorite. It was hard to make the decision to put her down but it was the right and merciful thing to do. It is going to be very strange to not have her around anymore.
 

Now the house feels very empty today. The girls are both gone visiting their special guys and it's just me and Jim at home. At supper time I found him in the kitchen making supper...


He was making potato pancakes, my favorite!

 
Thanks, honey! It was nice to spend a quiet day at home with you.

Waldo Watchers: Find one Waldo in this post.

 
Photo of the Day:
 
 
 
Scripture Verse of the Day:
 
"A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal."
Proverbs 12:10
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment